Thursday, January 27, 2011
"What would the world be, once bereft of wet and wildness? Let them be left, oh let them be left, wildness and wet; long live the weeds and the wilderness yet." Gerard Manley Hopkins
- Sister Rosetta Tharpe: Down By The Riverside
- 2011: The Year of the River
- Brocks Needs Us! Brockholes Wetland Needs Us - and...
- Ribble Coast and Wetlands Walking Festival - Autum...
- Severn Barrage Scrapped. Barrages Yesterday's Big ...
- It's Earth Day - and Save The Ribble Listed 21st i...
- New Blog: Preston Green Centre
- Waiting List Closed for Preston Allotments
- Join the Ribble Coast & Wetlands Walking Festival ...
- Ribbling in a Winter Wonderland
More Ribble Wildlife Links
Key Events in Saving The Ribble
Further Wild or Local Links
"Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them" Bill Vaughn
Ribble History - Modern and Ancient
"Boundaries don't protect rivers, people do" Aristotle
"This is a beautiful river. Yes, a very beautiful river. I love it more than anything. Often I have listened to it, often I have looked into its eyes, and always I have learnt from it. Much can be learnt from a river." - Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse
In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create but by what we refuse to destroy. John Sawhill
"In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time" Leonardo da Vinci
Blogs We Like
"What fates impose, that men must needs abide; It boots not to resist both wind and tide" William Shakespeare